apple rosemary sweet potato chews dog treat recipe
- 2 Sweet Potatoes
- 1 Apple cored and pureed
- 1 tablespoon chopped Rosemary
- 1 teaspoon Ginger
- pinch Cinnamon
- Combine apple puree, rosemary, ginger and water in a bowl.
- Evenly slice your sweet potatoes, the thinner they are the faster they will dry but thicker chews last longer.
- Place sweet potato slices into the marinade and allow to marinate for at least an hour in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees fahrenheit.
- Place on a cookie sheet 1/4 inches apart, brush with marinade for additional flavor and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Dry in an oven, with the door slightly open to let out moisture, until you have achieved the texture you want.
- Cool and store in an air tight container
If you have a food dehydrator it can be used to dry the treats as well, just follow the manufacture instructions.
How long do they have to be in the oven for?
It depends on how thick you cut them. Mine were thick so it took six hours but a thinner chew could take only three or four.