berry basil chicken jerky dog treat recipe
- 2 to 3 Chicken Breasts
- 1/2 cup chopped Strawberries
- 1/2 cup Blueberries
- 1/2 cup Raspberries
- 2 Basil Leaves
- Clean the chicken breast and cut into strips, removing all the fat you can from the meat. It is easier to cut if you freeze the chicken slightly.
- Puree the berries and basil until smooth.
- Place chicken strips into the marinade, add water until chicken is completely covered, and allow to marinate for at least an hour in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees fahrenheit.
- Place on a cookie sheet 1/2 inches apart, brush with marinade for additional flavor, sprinkle tops with mint.
- Dry in an oven, with the door slightly open to let out moisture, for about 3 to 4 hours, until meat is dry appearance and texture
If you have a food dehydrator that can be used to dry the meat as well, just follow the manufactures instructions.