1 pound Beef Liver
2 tablespoons Honey
juice from 1 can (20 ounce) Pineapple Slice in Pineapple Juice
2 to 3 Pineapple Slices
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Place the liver in the freezer for 30 minutes, it’ll make it easier to cut. Cut into 1/4 inch thick strips.
3. In a medium saucepan add liver, honey and pineapple juice as well as enough water to cover the liver, you can also add a couple of pineapple slices for additional flavor. Boil for approximately 5 minutes, until the liver is no longer pink.*
4. Remove the liver from the saucepan and place on prepared baking sheet and bake for 20 to 30 minutes, or until it is dried.
Cool and store in an air tight container.
* The boiling cooks the liver and cuts down on the drying time, it also eliminates the mess, and a lot of the smell, of dealing with raw liver.
If you have a food dehydrator that can be used to dry the liver as well, just follow the manufacture’s instructions.