It’s raining and the BBQ plans have been thwarted yet again. :(
While the boys stare longingly at the grill waiting for the rain to stop I decided that at least the dogs could enjoy some cheese burgers, even if we couldn’t, and enjoy these treats they did.
cheeseburger with bacon dog treat recipe
- 1 cup Ground Beef cooked and strained
- 1 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 2 Eggs
- 1 2/3 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/4 cup Water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Allow cheddar cheese to warm to room temperature and in a large bowl combine all ingredients until well mixed.
- Roll out dough on floured surface 1/2 inch thick. Cut into shapes with the cutter of your choice.
- Place treats on an prepared baking sheet and poke with a fork to prevent air bubbles. Cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Makes 2 to 3 dozen bones.
Okay maybe it was me looking for an excuse to make bacon, but who doesn't love a good bacon cheeseburger?
Just add three slices of cooked and crumbled bacon to the recipe for bacon cheese burger treats.