Okay, Okay I jumped the gun and started with the holiday foods .. I can’t help it! Once all the ham and pumpkin hits the shelves I can’t wait to get started. Hopefully the dogs will forgive me as they enjoy these honey ham treats.
honey ham dog treat recipe
- 1 1/2 cup Ham cooked and shredded
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- pinch Nutmeg
- pinch Ginger
- 1/2 cup Wheat Germ
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a bowl add all ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Knead dough into ball and roll onto a floured surface 1/4 inch thick and cut with cookie cutter of your choice.
- Place on prepared baking sheet and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until browned at the edges.
- Cool and refrigerate.
I brushed the treats before baking with an egg wash for the shiny affect.