After making my Lemon Lavender BiscuitsI still had a lot culinary lavender left over so I went a little lavender crazy. I made lavender tea cookies, lavender sugar cookies and lavender cupcakes (which were fantastic!) just to name a few things and with all that I realized that I had totally forgotten about my sensitive doggy’s and the fact that they might enjoy some lavender too … or that there parents might enjoy some lavender induced calm!
Hopefully these Lavender Vanilla round, made with rice flour, make those wheat sensitive tails wag.
lavender vanilla dog treat recipe
- 1 1/4 cup White Rice Flour
- 1 tablespoon Culinary Lavender
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 cup Milk
- 1/4 cup Water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Mix vanilla, milk and water and set aside. In large bowl mix flour and lavender then slow stir in wet mixture. Once well combined knead until dough is formed.
- Roll out onto well floured surface (the dough will be very sticky, make sure to have a lot of flour for dusting the dough on hand) cut with 1 inch cookie cutter, or slice into small squares with a knife or pizza cutter.
- Bake on prepared baking sheet for 10 minutes or until edges brown.
- Cool and refrigerate.