It’s still cold here so we haven’t been out much, old dog + old owner = let’s play indoors with the heat on!, so I was delighted to see these sweet potato snails crawling around in my moss center piece.
sweet potato snails dog treat recipe
- 1 cup cooked and mashed Sweet Potato
- 2 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Wheat Germ
- 1 1/4 cups Whole Wheat Flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, combine the mashed sweet potatoes, eggs, cinnamon, vanilla extract and wheat germ. Gradually blend in the wheat flour. Knead dough into ball and roll onto a floured surface 1/4 inch thick. Cut with cookie cutter of your choice and place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until edges brown.
- Cool and refrigerate.
- Makes 2 to 3 dozen snails.