Is everyone getting ready for a carrot loving visitor? These carrot mini-muffins will be sure to please, and your doggys will love them too.
carrot mini-muffins dog treat recipe
- 3 medium Carrots shredded (approximately 1 1/2 cup)
- 1 cup sugar free Apple Sauce
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 1/2 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 tablespoon Baking Powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit and line mini-muffin pans with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl mix shredded carrots, apple sauce, eggs and milk then set aside.
- In a large bowl mix whole wheat flour, cinnamon and baking powder.
- Once well combined add the wet carrot mixture to the flour mixture and stir until mixed.
- Spoon cupcake batter into paper liners until 1/2 to 2/3 full.
- Bake for 10 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the middle come out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes in pans then remove and place on wire racks to cool completely.
- Makes 4 dozen mini-muffins
I have a very picky miniature American Eskimo who will probably love this! He usually turns his nose up at any treat I buy for him at a doggy bakery, but I think this is right up his alley. Thanks!
Let me know how he likes them. Woof!