These peanut butter molasses treats are the perfect bite-size to treat your dog to a little something sweet.
peanut butter molasses dog treat recipe
- 1/2 cup Peanut Butter
- 1/4 cup Molasses
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl until well combined.
- Knead dough into ball and roll onto a floured surface 1/4 inch thick and take a straight edge and score the dough horizontally and then vertically to make a grid (I used a pizza cutter). Be careful to score the dough, not completely cut through.
- Place on prepared baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- Cool and break into pieces, then refrigerate.
Edit: Sherri over at HoundDogMom substituted beef broth, or water, for the milk for a longer lasting and lactose free treat.
This is our favorite receipe for homemade treats. Mom just made us some of these last night. She just doesn’t place milk in ours. She adds a little beef broth or just plain old water. She thinks they last longer with no Milk in them. But we always freeze and keep in fridge to keep them fresh. Sniffs, The HoundDogs
Oh, one more thingy. She rolls them out flat on the counter or the cookie sheet then cuts them with a pizza cutter. Sniffs, The HoundDogs
I like your lactose free version and I’m glad you like them too. Woof!
I rolled out the dough and used cookie cutters to make bone shapes. I got 20 3″ biscuits which I’m going to give as a gift to my Mum’s dog for Christmas. I ate the leftover dough myself – it was actually quite nice!
I’m glad you and the pups liked them Julianne. Woof!
Thank you my dog just can’t get enough of her treats she just loves them .
I’m so happy she likes them Lilly. Woof!