This BBQ chicken recipe is per request (and I love doing request!) but I was a little hesitate to make it because BBQ sauce usually has ingredients that dogs shouldn’t eat. The first couple I looked at had garlic power, onion powder and a lot of other ingredients not good for dogs.
So when picking your sauce make sure you check the label and make sure that you’re not giving you pup something you shouldn’t be, or you can make your own!
bbq chicken dog treat recipe
- 1 Chicken Breast cooked and shredded
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 1/3 cup BBQ Sauce
- 2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a large bowl mix all ingredients one at a time, kneading well after each addition.
- Knead dough into ball and roll onto a floured surface 1/4 inch thick.
- Cut with the cookie cutter of your choice.
- Place on your prepared cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes, until edges brown. Cool and refrigerate.
- Makes 4 to 5 dozen squirrels.
What brands of BBQ sauce do you recommend for this recipe?
I’m sorry Cate, I don’t recall what I ended up using but I found it in a ‘natural’ store (Sprouts) I wasn’t able to find one with out garlic or onions in a big box store.