Rose .. loves .. crickets.
When we go on walks along the canal she’d chase any that crossed her path and happy munch any she caught.
As we fattened her up it was more about the chase then actually eating them. She’d catch them an them spit them out leaving them slowing hopping away, their cricket lives flashing before their eyes.
We figured that while she was a stray she’d probably supplemented her diet with these fun to chase treats and maybe, just maybe she might miss the taste.
Who am I to deny my lady a treat? A quick trip around the web and I had a bag of cricket flour.
cheesy crickets dog treat recipe
- 1/2 cup Cheddar Cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Rosemary chopped
- 1/2 cup Cricket Flour
- 1/2 cup Brown Rice Flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a large bowl mix all ingredients one at a time, kneading well after each addition.
- Once well mixed scoop onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, cool and refrigerate.
- Makes 1 to 2 dozen treats