Are you looking for a special treat to spoil your furry friend? Look no further than this mouthwatering Philly Cheesesteak dog treat recipe! Your pup will be wagging their tail in excitement as they sink their teeth into these delicious homemade treats. With the perfect combination of flavors, your pup will feel like they’re indulging in their very own Philly Cheesesteak sandwich. And the best part? The cream cheese icing adds an extra touch of decadence that will have your dog begging for more!
After the treats have cooled, it’s time to add the finishing touch – the cream cheese filling! Your dog will be drooling with anticipation as they watch you prepare these delicious Philly Cheesesteak dog treats. And when they finally get to taste them, their tail will be wagging with joy! So go ahead and spoil your furry friend with this homemade treat that combines the flavors of a classic Philly Cheesesteak with a creamy and sweet icing. They deserve it!
Philly Cheesesteak Dog Treat Recipe
- 1/4 cup chopped Beef Jerky
- 3/4 cup shredded Provolone Cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Thyme
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese room temperature
- 1 tablespoon Tomato Paste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or use a silicone baking mat.
- In a large bowl mix all ingredients one at a time, kneading well after each addition.
- Knead dough into ball and roll onto a floured surface.
- Cut with a round cookie cutter.
- Place on your prepared baking sheet and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned at the edges. Allow to cool.
- Combine the cream cheese and tomato paste until smooth.
- Spread or pipe filling on the bottoms of half of the biscuits; top with remaining biscuit and squeeze together.
- Repeat with remaining biscuits and store in the refrigerator.