If you’re looking for a special treat to make for your furry friend, a homemade purple sweet potato biscotti dog treat recipe might just be the perfect solution. Not only is making your own dog treats a fun and rewarding experience, but you’ll also know exactly what goes into them, ensuring that your pup is getting the best quality ingredients. And, with the added benefit of using purple sweet potatoes, which are high in antioxidants, vitamins, and fiber, you’ll be providing your dog with a nutritious snack that they’ll love.
Bacon Sweet Potato Biscotti Dog Treat Recipe
- 1 cup mashed sweet potato
- 2 slices bacon crisply cooked and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or use a silicone baking mat.
- Combine all ingredients and mix, by hand, until well combined.
- Form dough into two flat logs about 2 inches wide and 1 inch high on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until browned at the edges.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 20 minutes, cut logs into 1/2 inch slices
- Place slices back on baking sheet and bake for 15 to 20 minutes until they are dry and crunchy. Cool and refrigerate.