mint sweet potato chews dog treat recipe
- 2 to 3 medium sized Sweet Potatoes
- 1 teaspoons dried Peppermint
- 1 teaspoon dried Spearmint
- 1/2 teaspoons Parsley
- 2 teaspoons Lemon Juice
- 2 cup Water more if needed to cover sweet potatoes
- Combine water, lemon juice, peppermint, spearmint and parsley in a bowl.
- Evenly slice your yams, the thinner they are the faster they will dry.
- Place yam slices into the marinade and allow to marinate for at least an hour in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees fahrenheit.
- Place on a cookie sheet 1/4 inches apart, brush with marinade for additional flavor.
- Dry in an oven, with the door slightly open to let out moisture, for about 3 to 4 hours until you have achieved the texture you want.
- Cool and store in an air tight container.
If you have a food dehydrator that can be used to dry the chews too, just follow the manufacture instructions.