Happy Mother’s Day to all the amazing dog moms out there! Mother’s Day is a special occasion that celebrates the unconditional love and selflessness of all the mothers out there. And when it comes to dog moms, they deserve just as much appreciation and recognition! As a happy dog mom myself, I can say without a doubt that my furry friend has brought immeasurable joy and happiness into my life. So, this Mother’s Day, I am excited to celebrate being a happy dog mom and all the amazing dog moms out there!
For me, Mother’s Day is not just about honoring human mothers, but also the amazing women who have opened their hearts and homes to pets in need. Whether you adopted your dog from a shelter or rescued them from a difficult situation, you are doing something truly special by providing a safe and loving environment for these animals. And as far as I’m concerned, that makes you a true hero in every sense of the word.
As we celebrate happy dog moms on Mother’s Day, I can’t help but think about all the special moments that come with being a dog mom. From early morning walks to snuggles on the couch, every day is filled with love and laughter when you have a furry friend by your side. And while it’s not always easy to care for a pet, the rewards are immeasurable. Just seeing your dog’s wagging tail and bright eyes can lift your mood and bring a smile to your face.
So here’s to all the happy dog moms out there – on Mother’s Day and every day! You are an inspiration to pet lovers everywhere, and your dedication to your furry friends is truly admirable. Whether you’re celebrating with a special treat, like these beets and cheese dog treats, or simply enjoying some quality time with your pup, I hope this day is filled with joy and happiness for you both. Thank you for all that you do, and for making the world a better place one paw at a time.
Tips for Baking with Beets and Cheese
Baking with beets and cheese can be a little tricky, so here are a few tips to help you get the best results:
- Cook the beet beforehand and mash it well to ensure that it’s fully incorporated into the dough.
- If the dough is too wet, add more flour as needed to make it easier to work with.
- Don’t over-bake the treats, or they may become too hard and crunchy.
Decorating the Treats for Mother’s Day
To make these treats extra special for Mother’s Day, you can decorate them with icing or other toppings. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Use a dog-friendly icing to decorate the top, I used Pastries 4 Pets and it was very easy to work with.
- Use a small cookie cutter to cut out shapes from a slice of cheese or a piece of cooked bacon and place them on top of the treats.
- Use a piping bag to add a decorative border of yogurt or cream cheese around the edges of the treats.
Beets & Cheese Dog Treat Recipe
- 1 cup pureed beets
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 3 mint leaves chopped
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a large bowl mix all ingredients one at a time, kneading well after each addition.
- Knead dough into ball and roll onto a floured surface.
- Cut with a cookie cutter of your choice.
- Place on your prepared cookie sheet and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned at the edges. Cool and refrigerate.
Storage and Shelf Life of the Treats
These treats can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week. You can also freeze them for up to 3 months. Just be sure to thaw them completely before serving to your pup.