carob and cream cheese dog treat recipe
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese softened
- 2 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 4 tablespoons Butter
- 2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 3 1/2 tablespoons Carob Powder
- Food Color I used red and green
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a large bowl mix all ingredients one at a time, stirring well after each addition
- Knead dough into ball and separate dough into three balls.
- Lightly knead 1/ tablespoon, and food color if you decide to use it, to a ball of dough and roll 1/4 inch thick cut with the cookie cutter of your choice. Do the same for the two other balls.
- Place on your prepared cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Cool and refrigerate.
- Makes 4 to 5 dozen spiders
If you don’t feel comfortable with having food coloring in your treats feel free to leave it out. Woof!