What doggy wouldn’t love to snack on these yummy meatballs? The use of Uncle Ben’s Brown Rice makes for quick and easy preparation when making your meatballs or ‘mutt’ balls if you prefer, either way your doggies will call them eaten.
They can be baked right away or frozen for later but I’m sure your pup doesn’t want to wait for the cheesy, bacony goodness! Be sure to remind yourself that it least the brown rice is pretty healthy and an excellent source of fiber when feeding these treats.
rice meatballs dog treat recipe
- 1 8.8 ounce package Uncle Ben's Ready Rice Natural Whole Grain
- 3 slices Bacon crisply cooked and crumbled
- 1 pound ground Turkey
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 2 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon dried Parsley
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Prepare rice according to package directions and allow to cool.
- Once cooled mix Brown Rice, ground turkey, dried parsley, cheddar cheese, bacon and eggs using your hands in large bowl until well combined.
- Shape into meatballs between 1 1/2 to 2 inches in diameter.
- Place on foil lined baking sheet, and bake for 30 to 35 minutes until no longer pink in center and an inserted thermometer reads 160 degrees fahrenheit.
- Cool and serve. Makes 2 to 3 dozen meatballs.
These are very rich and fattening so feed sparingly and break into pieces for smaller dogs.
Disclosure: This recipe creation was sponsored.