This is my first time using buckwheat flour and I was surprised at how easy it was to work with, and it made a nice hard treat.
peanut butter banana dog treat recipe
- 1 Banana
- 1/2 cup Peanut Butter
- 2 tablespoons Honey
- 1 cup Buckwheat Flour
- 1/2 tablespoon Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Mash banana with a fork until smooth.
- In a large bowl mix all ingredients one at a time, kneading well after each addition.
- Once dough is well mixed roll dough into 1/2 inch balls and place them a inch apart onto the prepared baking sheet. Press down on the tops with a fork to flatten.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Cool and refrigerate.
- Makes 2 to 3 dozen rounds
These treats were a hit with the dogs at our pooch’s birthday party at the park. The kids enjoyed eating them, too!
I’m glad they liked them Karlyn! Thank you so much for letting me know. Woof!
Why do you need to refrigerate them?