sweet potato pear dog treat recipe
- 1 Sweet Potato cooked and mashed (just over 1 cup)
- 1 Pear chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
- pinch Ginger
- 1 cup Spelt Flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a large bowl mix all ingredients one at a time, kneading well after each addition.
- Once well mixed, Fill a cookie scoop 1/2 full and drop dough on to prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until browned at the edges.
- Cool and refrigerate.
- Makes 3 to 4 dozen treats
I just made these for my dog and they were no where near 3 to 4 dozen. They made 11. I did make them kind of big though because I have a big dog, but even if I made them the size of a quarter I don’t think they would have made 3 or 4 dozen. And what is a cookie scoop? Do you mean an ice cream scooper? I did a full scoop using an ice cream scooper.
Those must have been some serious treats Valerie! A cookie scoop is almost 3/4 the size of an ice cream scoop (http://www.amazon.com/OXO-Grips-Medium-Cooke-Scoop/dp/B0000CDVD2) and if you half that you’ll be closer to the yield I got when I made mine.
I hope your pup like them.
How do you replace the spelt flour with wheat flour? Would I still use 1 cup? Thank you.
It’s an even substitution Amber, one cup will work just fine.