2 or 3 Chicken Breasts
1/4 cup Molasses
2 tablespoons dried Peppermint leaves
3 cups Water (or more as needed)
1. Combine water, molasses, cinnamon and peppermint in a bowl.
2. Clean the chicken breasts, then carefully slice them into strips, removing all the fat you can from the meat. They are easier to cut if allowed to freeze slightly.
3. Place chicken strips into the mint marinade and allow the chicken to marinate for at least an hour.
4. Preheat oven to 180 degrees fahrenheit.
5. Place on a cookie sheet 1/2 inches apart, brush with additional marinated for extra flavor.
6. Dry in an oven, with the door slightly open to let out moisture, for about 3 to 4 hours, until meat is dry appearance and texture.
Cool and store in an air tight container.
*If you have a food dehydrator it can be used to dry the meat as well, just follow the manufacture instructions.