candies yam chews dog treat recipe
- 2 to 3 Yams
- 1/4 cup Molasses
- 2 tablespoons Orange Juice
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- pinch Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups Water or more to cover
- Combine water, molasses, orange juice, cinnamon and vanilla extract in a bowl.
- Evenly slice your yams.
- Place yam slices into the marinade and allow to marinate for at least an hour in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees fahrenheit.
- Place on a cookie sheet 1/4 inches apart, brush with marinade for additional flavor.
- Dry in an oven, with the door slightly open to let out moisture, for about 3 to 4 hours until you have achieved the texture you want.
- Cool and store in an air tight container.
If you have a food dehydrator that can be used to dry the chews too, just follow the manufacture instructions.