2 to 3 Yams
1/4 cup Molasses
2 tablespoons Orange Juice
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
pinch Vanilla Extract
2 cups Water (or more to cover)
1. Combine water, molasses, orange juice, cinnamon and vanilla extract in a bowl.
2. Evenly slice your yams.
3. Place yam slices into the marinade and allow to marinate for at least an hour in the refrigerator.
4. Preheat oven to 250 degrees fahrenheit.
5. Place on a cookie sheet 1/4 inches apart, brush with marinade for additional flavor.
6. Dry in an oven, with the door slightly open to let out moisture, for about 3 to 4 hours until you have achieved the texture you want.
Cool and store in an air tight container.
*If you have a food dehydrator that can be used to dry the chews too, just follow the manufacture instructions.