ginger peanut butter chicken jerky dog treat recipe
- 2 to 3 Chicken Breasts
- 1/4 cup Peanut Butter
- 1/4 teaspoon dries Spearmint Leaves
- pinch Ginger
- 2 to 3 cups Water
- Combine water, peanut butter, mint leaves and ginger in a bowl.
- Clean the chicken breasts, then carefully slice them into strips, removing all the fat you can from the meat. They are easier to cut if allowed to freeze slightly.
- Place chicken strips into the peanut butter marinade and allow the chicken to marinate for at least an hour.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees fahrenheit.
- Place on a cookie sheet 1/2 inches apart, brush with additional marinated for extra flavor.
- Dry in an oven, with the door slightly open to let out moisture, for about 3 to 4 hours, until meat is dry appearance and texture.
- Cool and store in an air tight container.
If you have a food dehydrator it can be used to dry the meat as well, just follow the manufacture instructions.