Are you ready to spoil your furry friend with a delicious homemade treat? Well, look no further because I have the perfect recipe for you – apple bacon cheddar mini-pies dog treats! Yes, you heard that right, these dog treats are made with mouthwatering ingredients like apples, bacon, and cheddar cheese. Can you imagine the excitement on your pup’s face when they sink their teeth into one of these delectable mini pies?
To start off, gather all the ingredients for this amazing dog treat recipe. You will need some crisp apples, crispy bacon, and of course, some cheddar cheese. Now, let’s get to the fun part – making the mini pies! First, preheat your oven to the perfect temperature and prepare your muffin tray with parchment paper. This will ensure that your mini pies don’t stick and come out perfectly golden and delicious.
Next, it’s time to get chopping! Take those juicy apples and dice them into small pieces. Remember to remove the seeds and core before doing so. Now, onto the bacon – fry it up until it’s nice and crispy. Once cooked, crumble the bacon into small bits. And finally, grate that delectable cheddar cheese – the more cheese, the better!
Now comes the assembly of these irresistible mini pies. Cut out small rounds of your pie crust and press them into a muffin tin. Fill each crust with your apple mixture. Don’t be shy with the cheese – dogs love it!
Once all the mini pies are assembled, pop them into the oven and let them bake until golden and bubbly. The aroma that fills your kitchen will drive your pup wild with anticipation. When they’re done baking, let them cool slightly before serving them to your furry friend. And let me tell you, these apple bacon cheddar mini pies dog treats are sure to be a hit!
Apple Bacon Cheddar Pie Dog Treat Recipe
- 1/4 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 cup Apple Sauce
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1 large Apple cored and chopped
- 4 Bacon slices crisply cooked and crumbled
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit. Use a silicone muffin pan or grease and flour a metal muffin pan.
- In large bowl, combine all crust ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Knead dough into ball and roll onto a floured surface 1/4 inch thick, cut into muffin cup sized circles.
- Press the circle on bottoms and up the sides of the muffin pan cups.
- Bake for for 8 minutes and allow to cool.
- Cut remaining dough with a cookie cutter of your choice.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine all filling ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Fill each muffin cup with the filling and top with cut out dough pieces.
- Bake for an additional 8 minutes, cool before serving.
Grab your ingredients and get baking! Your pup will thank you for these tasty and nutritious treats. The combination of sweet apples, savory bacon, and cheesy goodness will have them drooling and begging for more. Plus, they’re the perfect size for a quick snack or training reward. Trust me, once you make these apple bacon cheddar mini pies dog treats, your pup will be forever grateful!