Apple Bacon Cheddar Pie Dog Treat Recipe
- 1/4 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 cup Apple Sauce
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1 large Apple cored and chopped
- 4 Bacon slices crisply cooked and crumbled
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit. Use a silicone muffin pan or grease and flour a metal muffin pan.
- In large bowl, combine all crust ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Knead dough into ball and roll onto a floured surface 1/4 inch thick, cut into muffin cup sized circles.
- Press the circle on bottoms and up the sides of the muffin pan cups.
- Bake for for 8 minutes and allow to cool.
- Cut remaining dough with a cookie cutter of your choice.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine all filling ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Fill each muffin cup with the filling and top with cut out dough pieces.
- Bake for an additional 8 minutes, cool before serving.