Since the spinach bagels were so well received, and so cute, I’ve got a bacon and cheese version for you. I guess that means peanut butter would be next …
5 slices Bacon, crisply cooked and crumbled
1/2 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese
3 cups Whole Wheat Flour
1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
1 teaspoon Vegetable Oil
1 cup Water (more if needed)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
2. In a large bowl combine whole wheat flour, baking powder, and baking soda until well mixed
3. Add bacon, cheese, oil and water to flour combine and knead until dough is formed.
4. Roll dough into balls about 1-2 inches in diameter. Poke a hole through each ball with the end of a wooden spoon.
5. Bake on prepared baking sheet for 45 to 50 minutes.
Cool and refrigerate.