Since the spinach bagels were so well received, and so cute, I’ve got a bacon and cheese version for you. I guess that means peanut butter would be next …
bacon cheese bagels dog treat recipe
- 5 slices Bacon crisply cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 3 cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup Water more if needed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a large bowl combine whole wheat flour, baking powder, and baking soda until well mixed
- Add bacon, cheese, oil and water to flour combine and knead until dough is formed.
- Roll dough into balls about 1-2 inches in diameter. Poke a hole through each ball with the end of a wooden spoon.
- Bake on prepared baking sheet for 45 to 50 minutes.
- Cool and refrigerate.