In my last bagel recipe I mentioned that I would be making some peanut butter bagels next and y’all did not let me forget that! I’m glad the bagels are so popular and I hope theses peanut butter honey bagels satisfy those peanut butter cravings.
peanut butter honey bagels dog treat recipe
- 1/2 cup Chunky Peanut Butter
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1 teaspoon Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup Water more if needed
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 3 cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a large bowl combine whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon until well mixed
- Add peanut butter, honey, oil and water to flour combine and knead until dough is formed.
- Roll dough into balls about 1-2 inches in diameter. Poke a hole through each ball with the end of a wooden spoon.
- Bake on prepared baking sheet for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Cool and refrigerate
Can you use smooth peanut butter as well? I am working on new recipes and was wondering because I don’t see why I should buy crunchy if I have smooth.
Thank you so much!
Smooth will work just fine, the chunky was just for the texture. Woof!
Are these for dogs too? Thank you.
Delicia this recipe, and all my recipes, are created with dogs in mind but I’ve been known to munch on a biscuit or two!
Going to make these for by grand dog for the holidays. Will let you know how I made out. Happy Holiday
Same to you Amalia! I can’t wait to hear what your pups think. Woof!
my boxers and golden retriever loved them and wouldn’t leave me alone while making them!
I take that as a paws up Kelsey! Thank you for letting me know they liked them. Woof!
How many bagels will one batch make ? I know you suggest bagels with a diameter of 1-2 inches . Also how long will they stay fresh in the refrigerator ?
It made about two dozen bagels Shawn and they stayed fresh for about three week. Hope that helps. Woof!
Can I use brown rice flour to make them wheat free?
You sure can Joyce!
I always make dog treats for my goodlendoodle. He is kinda picky! I just made these. I left out the cinnamon because I know he does not like it. They were easy to make. They did no turn out as pretty as yours, and they were done in about 30 minutes. I got 27 “bagels” He was not thrilled with them at first – but like I said he is picky! It took him a few minutes of playing with it to eat it. Now he seems to like them. I think I will stick to my peanut butter, pumpkin & oatmeal treats, they are his fav.
I so glad he warmed up to them Mary Ann haha But I’m happy you found something you know her likes!