We were out enjoying the park, before the temperature hits the 100 degree mark, when we spotted this little guy creeping out from under the trees. We didn’t have the dogs with us so he hung around long enough for me to see that he was made of pineapple and chicken, then he ducked back into his hole.
Since the doggies missed out I decided to make them some as soon as we got home.
pineapple chicken dog treat recipe
- 1 20 ounce can crushed Pineapple, drained
- 1 cup chopped Chicken
- 1/4 cup Butter softened
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Rosemary crushed
- 1/4 cup Wheat Germ
- 2 1/2 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a large bowl mix all ingredients one at a time, stirring well after each addition
- Knead dough into ball and roll onto a floured surface 1/4 inch thick and cut with the cookie cutter of your choice.
- Place on your prepared cookie sheet and bake for 10 to 15 minutes, allow to sit in the cooling oven to allow them to harden. Cool and refrigerate.
- Makes 2 to 3 dozen Bears.
Now that’s something I wish I’d sniff up in the park! Look yummy!