One of the many reasons I like cooking for my dogs is that they don’t care what the finished product looks like. You make something for the first time and it may taste great but look like a mess .. you had your dog at ‘tastes great’ and who cares what it looks like.
Well this is my first time making sushi and no matter what it looked like the doggies gobbled it down and I sure your dogs will enjoy this chicken breast sushi too.
chicken sushi dog treat recipe
- 1 Tyson Grilled & Ready Chicken Breast Fillet prepared according to package directions
- 2 cups cooked sushi rice
- 3 roasted Nori sheets
- 2 Eggs hard boiled and sliced
- 3 slices Bacon crisply cooked
- Place a nori sheet, shiny side down, on top of a bamboo mat (called a makisu).
- Moisten your hands with water, so the rice doesn’t stick to your fingers, and spread a thin layer of cooked sushi rice on top of the nori sheet.
- Cut your Tyson Grilled & Ready Chicken Breast Fillet into thin strips and place horizontally on the rice.
- Follow by placing egg and a strip of bacon on the rice.
- Roll up the bamboo mat, pressing forward to shape the sushi into a cylinder. Press the bamboo mat firmly to shape the roll and then remove the mat from the sushi.
- Cut the rolled sushi into bite-sized pieces.
Anything you can think of. Is it dog safe and can it fit on the nori sheet? Then throw it in there!
What ever your dog likes.
Disclosure: As part of the Foodbuzz Tastemaker Program, I received a coupon for a free bag of Tyson Grilled & Ready Chicken Breast Fillets to develop this recipe