“Until one has loved an animal a part of one’s soul remains unawakened” Anatole France
carob covered strawberry dog treat recipe
- 2 cups frozen Strawberries thawed and pureed
- 4 ounces Cream Cheese softened
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extranct
- 2 Eggs
- 3 cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 3 cups Carob Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a large bowl mix all ingredients (excluding the carob chips) one at a time, kneading well after each addition.
- Knead dough into ball and roll onto a floured surface 1/4 inch thick. Cut with the cookie cutter of your choice. Use a fork poke holes in the tops of the biscuits to prevent then from puffing up.
- Place on your prepared baking sheet and bake for 10 to 15 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Melt carob chip and dip squirrels to coat bottoms.
- Makes 4 to 5 dozen squirrels.