Ohh something new today. I see Spelt flour a lot but I’ve finally gotten around to using it, and I have no idea why I waited so long. It’s very easy to work with and the dogs loved it (not that they’re all that picky … )
It’s wheat, but not gluten-free, so it’s perfect for those trying to feed wheat-free for reasons not due to gluten intolerance.
cheesy mint dog treat recipe
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried Peppermint
- 1 tablespoon Flax Seed
- 1 cup Spelt Flour
- 1/2 cup Water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a large bowl mix all ingredients one at a time, kneading well after each addition.
- Once dough is well mixed roll dough into 1/8 inch balls and place them onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until browned at the edges. Cool and refrigerate.
- Makes 2 to 3 dozen balls.