As dog owners, we all want to give our furry friends the best possible care, what better way to do that than by whipping up some homemade dog treats? If you’re looking for a recipe that’s both easy and delicious, then you’re in luck! This dehydrated ginger and cilantro pig ears dog treat recipe is for you.
This recipe is packed with flavors that your dog will absolutely love. Not only is it easy to make, but it’s also a great way to bond with your pet. So, grab your apron and let’s get started on making these tasty treats that are sure to have your pup wagging their tail in excitement!
Benefits of Dehydrated Dog Treats
Dehydrating removes the moisture from the ingredients, which helps to preserve their nutrients and flavor. This means that dehydrated treats can be a more nutritious option than baked or cooked treats.
Dehydrated treats are also easy to store and have a long shelf life. This makes them a convenient option for pet owners who want to have treats on hand for their dogs.
Storage and Shelf Life of Dehydrated Dog Treats
Dehydrated dog treats have a long shelf life and can be stored at room temperature in an airtight container for several weeks. It’s important to make sure that the treats are completely dehydrated before storing them, as any remaining moisture can cause them to spoil.
Ginger Cilantro Dehydrated Pig Ears Dog Treat Recipe
- 2 to 3 pig ears
- 1 tablespoon dried cilantro
- 1 teaspoon dried ginger
- Wash your pig ears with water, removing any dirt and hair
- Cut the pig ears into pieces appropriate for your dog's size, sprinkle tops with ginger and cilantro.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place on a cookie sheet 1/2 inches apart, dry in oven, with the door slightly open to let out moisture, until meat is dry appearance and texture