apple chicken with yam dog treat recipe
- 1/2 cup cooked and shredded Chicken
- 1 medium Yam cooked and mashed
- 1/4 cup natural Apple Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 2 1/2 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- In a large bowl mix all ingredients one at a time, stirring well after each addition
- Divide the dough into fourths and place each ball of dough on to a piece of wax paper.
- Shape the dough into rolls about 1 1/2 inches in diameter and wrap each in plastic wrap or foil and allow to chill in the refrigerator for at least three hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- To bake, slice rolls about 1/2 inch and bake on prepared baking sheet for 10 to 15 minutes. Cool and refrigerate.
- The rolls can be frozen for about four weeks, if working with frozen rolls it is best to let the stand at room temperature for about 15 to 20 minutes before slicing.